Last updated: August 2018
The term "information" in this policy, refers to all types of information that we collect about you or you provide to us, such as personal information, financial information, or any other type of information related to you.
The word "we" "us" or "our" in this policy, refers to CAC Bank.
The term "Cookies" are text files that contain small amounts of information sent to your browser and stored on your computer, mobile phone, or other device that you use when visiting any Web site. Cookies re-send the stored information to the site every time you visit the site.
The Information We May Collect from You
CAC Bank only collect your information in line with relevant regulations and law. The types of information we collect about you or you provide to us depends on our products or service that you use it or apply for it.
We collect your information from different sources including but not limited to:
- When using any of our products or services.
- When interacting with us,
- When visiting our websites or
- When visiting one of our branches
- When calling us
- When asking about any of our products and services.
- When using our E-services such as E-banking, or CAC Online
- When using our Banking apps such as CAC Mobily app
- When making any financial transactions.
- From social Medias
- From third parties
- From other available public sources.
Information that we may collect about you, or you provide to us including:
- Personal Information: that you give us by filling in forms of our services or products, or by communicating with us, whether face-to-face, by phone, email, online, or otherwise. The information includes name, address, email, mobile, and ID card and any other pertinent information.
- Financial Information: information about your account, financial history and transactions, account balances, and payment history. Every time you make a transaction on one of your accounts, including ATM or card transaction, transactions through E-Banking, and using CACMobily app over the phone or making any transactions at a branch, The Bank retains the information. The transaction information includes your account number, date, amount, location of the transaction and any other pertinent information.
- Information that we obtain or learn when using the internet: we may collect information about your computer (or mobile device) when visiting our website or using our E-services via internet, including your IP address, operating system and browser type that you use to access this site, how you use this site and the pages you visit, traffic and location data. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and it is used for the purpose to track and analyze information about the usage of our website. This information collect so that we can better understand our website usage to improve and develop it. None of this information can be used to identify individual site visitors.
- Other information: that information from third party to help us to prevent and detect fraud, financial crime, anti-money laundering, and terrorism financing.
How we will use your information
This information might be used for the reason of providing and operating the products and services you have requested and for other related purposes that may include but not limited to
- Processing your financial transactions
- Providing you with our best services and products
- Understanding your financial needs
- Updating and enhancing your records with us,
- Informing you with other interesting products and services that you may desire to have
- Improving the quality of our services and products.
- Risk management.
- for other reasons required by applicable laws and authorities
Who we share information with
CAC Bank may share your information according to the relative laws and regulations with the following entities (regulators - auditors) and the bank's employees must respect the confidentiality requirements.
How we protect your information
The Bank with regard to information security, dedicates to take appropriate actions and measures to protect the customer's personal information, according to security standards, confidentiality, legislations and regulations, as well as the training of bank staff on how to deal with customer information and respect confidentiality to ensuring protection from loss or misuse, or any modification of the data, information or disclosure. The Bank is also dedicated to take stringent measures to protect the security of information and technology to prevent fraud and unauthorized access to systems as well as the Bank regularly and periodically updates the protection procedures and controls that meet or exceed the banking standards. It is forbidden to share any confidential information via the telephone or internet and in case you obtained a customer's password, you are entitled to notify the bank directly.
Copyright and Trademark Information
The trademarks, trade names and service marks of CAC Bank, used in this website or any other sites, are the property of CAC Bank and no person shall be authorized to use any mark in any way. Also, the material presented on CAC Bank's website may not be transferred, published, copied, modified, displayed or used.
CAC Bank may provide links on its website, to other suppliers and / or third parties. These links are provided to give you the opportunity to benefit from the benefits of their products or services. CAC Bank is not responsible by any means for how third parties collect or use personally identifiable information about you. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each linked site you visit separately.
You are responsible for making sure the information you give us is accurate and up to date, and you must tell us if anything changes as soon as possible.
We may change or update this Policy from time to time and will post the revised Policy on this site. Your continued use of our site or any online service following changes to the Policy will constitute your agreement to any changes.